Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hi! My name is Blake Reinke. I am a third year at The Ohio State University studying Aerospace Engineering. I have been very involved on campus since I arrived because, frankly, this is my favorite place in the world. In my time so far, I have been a part of Undergraduate Student Government, USG Interns, University Hosts, The Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta, Romophos: A Sophomore Class Honorary, Green Engineering Scholars, Barbecue Club - Grill Team, and several other awesome student organizations. I spend a lot of my time working at our incredible recreational facility known as the RPAC.
I like to build and fix things regularly. I have done car repairs including repairing/replacing the starter, alternator, brake lines, brake pads, air-idle control valve, mass-airflow sensor, alternator, starter, blown head gasket, cracked cylinder head, valve cover gaskets, and a good few other jobs. I actually enjoy doing these things, so if you're having car troubles, let me know! I just built a cabinet to house my stereo and am building my girlfriend a new bed frame for our anniversary coming up. Why do I do these things when somebody else could easily do them? I like knowing how/why things work, and I really hate paying somebody else to do a job that I can easily take care of.
I am always looking to meet new people and create lasting friendships so feel free to chat me up about anything! I love sports, but I haven't played anything that involves cutting since before coming to college due to the fact that I have torn my ACL and had surgery three different times now (not worth it). I love running, so if you ever need a running partner, I will almost never say no. One of my other favorite hobbies is playing music. I was raised playing the piano and cello when I was younger, through high school. On my own, I decided to teach myself to play bass guitar, guitar, and drums and have played in several bands before. One of my bands even got second place in a Toledo Battle of the Bands out of 48 different bands. I am really looking forward to this class and to getting to know all of you very well while developing our personal leadership qualities!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Blake! Jeeze oh man next time my car breaks down I'm giving you a call! I am just going to go ahead and say you must have the best time management skills with the amount of student organizations you are in. That is so amazing that you have been able to get so involved on campus, it definitely helps make OSU seem just a tad bit smaller. I can't believe you have been able to teach yourself all those instruments too! I played the flute once... things got awkward when I realized I was tone deaf so needless to say that phase of my life ended before it really even started. Anyways, if you ever want to partner up with your BBQ club skills, I'll challenge you to a hot dog eating contest. Or you could just grill and I'll eat.. I look forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blake, I had no idea you have such an affinity for fixing things. My car's been having some trouble, so I may have to hit you up soon. Also, our class should have a barbeque and you can grill things for us and play music and it will be amazing. I can't wait to see where the rest of the semester takes us. I loved reading more about you! :D See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Blake! You could definitely help me out with all my car troubles. I've gone through like 5 in the past two years...I'm also a terrible driver so that kind of adds to the bad luck haha. I have a streak going of not wrecking for about 6 months. That probably has something to do with the fact that I drive a Corvette now! And I also taught myself how to play guitar! I love it so much. It sounds like you have much more experience than I do though. I really want to learn how to play the piano! I'm excited to get to know ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blake -- even after getting to know you over the last year, and after becoming a good friend of yours, I had no idea that you were musically inclined beyond the guitar. I suppose that goes to show that you can learn new things every day. I think it's great that you have a "can-do" approach towards challenges (especially of the mechanical variety) and I think you might enjoy a student org I am currently in. I'll tell you more about it after class tomorrow.

    P.S. Cinci next weekend is going to be the bomb-diggity.

    ReplyDelete